Thursday 25 April 2013

Introduction

This is a blog to showcase my writing, both old and new. I've been writing for a very long time, over forty years or so. I started at primary school and I've never really stopped.

In 2001, I started a 6-year part-time Creative Writing Degree at the University of Hull, in which I gained First Class Honours. Many of the pieces that you will read over the next month or so came into being on that course.

Others were written for various poetry competitions; they veer perhaps a little too far towards the strange, but I'm including them here anyway.

I'm also adding book reviews which first appeared on another blog; I'm hoping to increase these in number as I finish books. I've almost always got a book on the go and for this, I owe a debt of gratitude to my local library who are only too happy to get new books in for me if they're not in stock already. Thanks, ladies!

I hope to add to the pieces in the collection; I'm still writing and will put them up as I finish them.

Finally, this is not a criticism arena; I would be interested in comment but have no editorial intentions as yet. I'm just keeping the creative juices flowing and trying to maintain my confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment